fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Road Show: Beauty for Ashes

The Road Show - Braden Bell Giving away on our blog http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/review-road-show-by-braden-bell.html
Ends 11/25/10

This is one of those books I never would have picked up off of the shelves based on the title alone because I have to admit I'm not a big fan of roadshows. However, it is a far cry from corny or poorly written. The Roadshow introduces us to the lives of five contemporary LDS people and the trials they are dealing with: physical, emotional, and spiritual crosses that feel too heavy to bear.

I was impressed to see how Braden Bells tackles issues that many modern day Mormon people face but won't publicly admit. Each character reveals their honest feelings through thoughts written in differing fonts through the book's dialogue. Readers feel they are getting to know the true individuals behind the outer masks they wear.

As the plot progresses each character starts to change and more hopeful loving thoughts are whispered into their hearts. They experience a modern day miracle through their own works, after acting in a simple play portraying scenes from the Savior's life.

I found myself in tears by the end of the book as a glimmer of absolute hope and peace was offered to those who sought answers. The Road Show teaches that miracles exist today and the atonement is accessible to any who reaches out and prays for help. It is beautifully written, short and concise with universal truths and artistic creativity. Thank you so much to Braden Bell and Cedar Fort Books for sending me a copy for review.