fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

A Christ-Centered Christmas

A Christ-Centered Christmas - Emily Freeman http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2010/12/book-review-christ-centered-christmas.html

This book came right on time for me this year. So often in the hustle and bustle to buy presents and prepare for family gatherings I feel I lose the Christmas Spirit. More important than long wish lists and Santa Claus is the true meaning behind the holiday.

A Christ Centered Christmas takes each nativity piece and centers a story and activity around that figure. The chapters are small but thought provoking. Also included are recipes for yummy Holiday treats like hot cocoa and candy cane cookies. Next year we plan on having one lesson each week for seven weeks to correspond with the chapters in the book. A Christ Centered Christmas would be a great gift for those you love as it invites all to feel and learn the real lessons behind the symbols we so often see this time of year...the bell, the star, the shepard's crook. It's message is simple but powerful. Thanks Deseret Book for sharing this little gem with us.