fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan This book was intriguing and though I am not into zombies it held me until the very end. There are themes of choice, selfishness, hope and faith interwoven through tales of apololypse love and loss. Some of the imagery was a little graphic for me but I still really enjoyed the detail.

I picked this book up at the library because of the cover (the title threw me off I must say.) Typically I avoid books with a lot of graphic imagery and violence, but got sucked in by all of the intrigue and secrets the Sisterhood were holding. For me, Mary's world of zombies and isolation seemed doomed and ruled by other's choices. The romance between her and Travis was beautiful at first and disappointing in the end.

I understand Mary's need for independence and freedom, but her choices seemed selfish and put the ones she loves in danger. The ending left me sad, but I will read the sequel hoping it answers all of the questions left in my head. Overall, I would give it 3 and a half stars out of five. Very interesting and haunting, yet I found myself wanting Mary to make different choices, taking into consideration all that she lost.