fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Sea

Sea - Heidi R. Kling Ever since I first read about Heidi's book on Twitter I was intrigued by premise and elements of the story. The teasers started a creative flurry of activity for me of photos and jewelry, and I requested our local Barnes and Noble order it in. The wait has been long, but worth it. What an outstanding debut novel by Heidi R Kling. Sea is lyrically written from the eyes of Sienna, a young girl who suffers from PTSD and nightmares after losing her mother. Once filled with adventure and a love of the ocean, she has changed. When her father, a renowned world psychiatrist gifts her a trip to Indonesia with Team Hope, Sienna is forced to face her biggest fears. From her childhood friendship with a surfer named Spider, to touching lives at an orphanage in Yogyakarta; this book brought me to tears. It's one that leaves you thinking and feeling hopeful for the power of change. Love overcomes loss as Deni shows Sienna that a choice must be made to live each new day. SEA will stick with you for a long time as will the impressions of post-tsunami recovery in Indonesia. It's a meaningful, culturally rich novel with purpose. And this is one of those reviews where I feel like words aren't adequate to describe my experience. So much of SEA is what I felt inside. Thanks to Heidi R Kling for sharing her talent.

See the full review and book trailer on our site at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com

Visit Heidi's SEA store which features our Etsy items at http://heidirkling.com/sea-store/
50 % of all proceeds go to families similarly affected earlier this year by an earthquake and Tsunami in Chile, and the SEA Flickr gallery with photos which reminded me of the book at http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatherzahngardner/galleries/72157624488461623/