fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Keys to the Repository

Keys to the Repository - Melissa  de la Cruz I enjoy reading Melissa's blue blood series and am a fan of Shulyer and Jack, however this book is a side step off the pure story telling we are used to. Keys to the repository is an anthology of family history, maps and secret files compiled in the Blue Bloods library. Many of the files are dry reading and much of is is a repeat from the previous novels. It is a great book of reference if you are just reading the series for the first time and wan tot know who is who. Melissa is obviously a history buff who has thought through her characters carefully and charts their lines through time. I give her kudos for being so intelligent and thorough. Beyond the library file chapters there are however, are some secret treasures that made it a worthwhile read.

Schulyer and Jack's chapters on their meetings in the apartment in New York are a neat look into what they were thinking and feeling. There is also a chapter called wolf pact which introduces continuing story of Bliss Llewellyn and an excerpt from the first book in new a series about wolves. It is more graphic that anything Melissa has written with violence, but interesting for those wolf girls and guys out there.

My favorite chapter was Shelter Island which is Dyaln's story between the books Blue Bloods and Masquerade. In my mind this chapter could merit a whole book of its own. Set in a secluded island setting it was mysterious and gripping. And save the best for last...the final two chapters are the First in the book "Misguided Angel"
which will be released in October. THIS is what I am waiting for. A little sneak peek into the new life of Shulyer and Jack is a taste of the future and a wonderful teaser for faithful readers of the BB series. All in all I give it three stars and can't wait until Fall! Read more about Melissa and her Blue Blood series at http://bluebloodsbooks.com/