fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Luck of the Draw

Luck of the Draw - Rachael Anderson Read the full review here http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/luck-of-draw-by-rachael-renee-anderson.html

The first thing I love about Luck of the Draw is the cover. It reminds me of modern day, modest Charlie's Angels. The second thing I love is the author. I stopped by her table at authorpalooza two weeks ago but didn't have much time to chat. So, I was thrilled when she and her publicist sent me a copy of her book for review. Since finishing the book I have found out what an amazing person Racheal is. She's down to earth, humble, and kind.

I turned the last page on Luck of The Draw three days ago and still have not been able to enjoy anything else I've picked up quite as much. It has an underlying message and good feeling that will slowly seep in and wrap around you as you read. The plot starts out light and funny as a bet is made that involves laundry and girls. Brighton Andrews has his hands full tyring to ask three girls out at the same time without them finding out they are dating the same person. His life gets even more complicated (and hilarious) when he accidentally plows Dani, one of the roomates, and finds out how feisty and stubborn a woman can be. The bet may not be as easy to win as everything else for Brighton...but he is bound and determined to win.

The plot to Luck of The Draw has lots of surprises, fun dialogue and lessons of life. What impacted me the most was seeing how Dani sticks to her guns and lives as she believes best is in spite of her superficial parents. I also enjoyed how Brighton matures and changes after his laundry bet goes awry. Both main characters most learn to trust in something outside of themselves and follow their dreams wherever they may lead.

Rachael Renee Anderson has created a parable for our time and a fun read that will take you back to your college days. The characters will melt your heart and the message will bring you to tears. Five stars and a thank you for a squeaky clean read. This is one I will pass on to my daughters. I ordered her other book Divinely Designed and am excited to read more from Rachael.