fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else - Erin McCahan From publisher for review and blog tour see full post at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-tour-i-now-pronounce-you-someone.html

This book was refreshing to me because it felt real. I grew up with several girl friends who married older guys soon after graduating from High School and could relate to much of what Bronwen was feeling. Her voice rang true to me as I think it will to many young women. She's also quirky as a teen can be, so you'll laugh and you'll cry while reading.

What I liked: Bronwen wanted to wait until she gets married to be intimate. And she breaks up with her first boyfriend when he pressures her after prom. She has guts and courage. She has a back bone to find out who she is before making her biggest decisions.

What I loved: Jared! He is the perfect all-American boy and his family is amazing. I can see how easy it would be to want to be a part of all that they are. He is amazing, old-fashioned and polite.

What I felt: A wide range of emotions and even a bit sad. Thank you to Erin McCahan for keeping the plot genuine and believable. I would read I Now Pronounce You Someone Else again.

What I Wish: I wish the first scene was written differently. To me, it felt attention grabbing in a negative way. Though it laid a foundation for why Bronwen is newly single and what her views are, the rest of it felt out of place with the remainder of the novel. I wish that we heard more of Jared's voice. I didn't like the way Bronwen describes her brother. It was distracting to me that she used the name of the Lord in vain.

The main themes: healing after the loss of a parent, adoption, self-worth and courage to be who you are.