fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Lost Saint: A Dark Divine Novel

The Lost Saint - Bree Despain Giving away an ARC donated by Provo City Library on our site http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2010/11/teen-book-fest-provo-city-library.html ends 12/7/10

See full review at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com

Last year I read the Dark Divine and was introduced into the world of Bree Despain which inspired me to create a ton of jewelry, make 10 blog posts and follow her around to several signings to learn more. I dare say I fell in love with the music playlist, the amazing cover and Daniel. This year we saw the ARC for The Lost Saint up for auction at the Writing for Charity event and yearned to read number two in the series. So, I have to thank Jennie B and EgmontUSA for sending the uncorrected bound proof. You guys rock!

The Lost Saint picks up as Grace has just lost her brother Jude since he bit her and infected her with the curse of the wolf. Grace's mom is in a deep depression and the household is in chaos as her dad is scouring the country for signs of Jude. He hopes to bring their Prodigal Son back home to the fold. Their town Rose Crest is steeping with a rash of crime with no evidence of who could have created such destruction other than the old Markham Street Monster. The first few chapters things are beautiful between them. I fell in love with their chemistry in The Dark Divine. But soon things start to grow a little complicated. Here's where I should say that I am not a patient reader so sequels are sometimes harder for me to read. (I was not much a fan of New Moon in the Twilight series) Transition and change are hard for me. The Lost Saint also felt a titch darker in parts than The Dark Divine as Grace is battling her choices. You'll see a whole new side to everyone you are familiar with.

My favorite part of the book...loads of new characters! Grace meets the new hot man in flannel, Talbot. You will love him. Majorly swoon worthy and a hunk of man. He is my favorite new character of the series. The fun part as well, characters you may recognize! That's right... bloggers make cameo appearances in the book. Super cool. Katie Summers from Mundie Moms, blogger Debbie CranberryFries and Stacey C all are in there. As well, lots of other names I didn't personally recognize, but many of you may be able to pick them out. We can't give away much more because this is an action packed novel and we have to save you all from spoilers. I dare say followers of Bree won't be disappointed.

Congrats to the author on her movie deal for the Dark Divine! That is super exciting news and she deserves it. To learn more about Bree Despain visit her website. See our review for the Dark Divine here and read a teaser from the Lost Saint here
Comment below for a chance to win one item of your choice from the Bree Despain or Wolf collections on Etsy. Let us know what you'd like to win! Giveaway ends October 24, 2010 and is open internationally.