fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Deadly Little Games: A Touch Novel

Deadly Little Games - Laurie Faria Stolarz View full review plus a chance to win book #1 in the touch sereis here : http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-review-deadly-little-games.html

I will admit that Laurie Faria Stolarz has me wrapped around her finger with the Touch series. The covers are a little piece of heaven with raised designs and otherworldly photography. They are among my very favorites in YA. Laurie's writing has the suspense the tension and the characters I can't get enough of. Deadly Little Games follows many of the same plot patterns as the first two in the series but I was never bored. There's just the right touch of creepy and mystery for me.

In this third installment Camelia has discovered her psychometry and the ability to sculpt events of the future into clay. Things are rocky between her and Ben due to the appearance of his old rival Adam. I grew to really love Ben (again). He has depth and layers that I have a feeling are about to unfold even further in book #4.

I got carried away into Camelia's life with a health nut yoga teaching mom, her quirky sidekick best friends Wes and Kimmie and a truly caring father. Stolarz knows how to fully flesh out each person she introduces. There's also more back story of her maternal aunt and the haunting gift she and Cameilia share. The elements that tie off the package for me are all of the pottery scenes and the gripping suspense. I will be reading book #4, as far as I'm concerned Laurie can just keep writing in the Touch sequence and I'll never grow weary of Camelia and Ben.

Here's your chance to start reading the Touch series and discover for yourself why I adore them. Comment below for your entry to win book one, Deadly Little Secret. Giveaway ends February 29, 2011 and is open internationally.