fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Sean Griswold's Head

Sean Griswold's Head - Lindsey Leavitt Full review and sigend bookmark giveaway at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-and-signed-bookmark-giveaway.html

I won an autographed copy of Sean Griswold's Head on twitter...well not his actual head, but the book about his head. And, in correspondence I noticed was how genuinely nice author Lindsey Leavitt is. Her cute and tender story tugged at my heart strings.

Payton is a straight A student, slightly obsessive compulsive and highly organized person until one day she accidentally stumbles upon her father's MS. Life at home and the world is unraveling fast. Payton is recommended to the school counselor by her parents who suggests she pick a focus object to write about...something to get her mind off of the grief and fear. What better than the head of the boy sitting directly in front of her desk? Blonde, with spiky hair, a scar and an orbit bigger than the average noggin.

What starts out as a purely scientific self-help project ends in Payton wanting to learn more about the boy, Sean who is attached to that head. The two begin biking together and in the process discover there may be more to their close proximity than just their last names. Both are facing meddling best friends with an agenda of their own. Leave it to Peyton's overbearing bubbly BFF since birth, Jac and the goth vampire of the town to complicate matters. Sean and Payton may not work out after all.

In a sweet, fun contemporary read, Lindsey Leavitt taught me about the power of forgiveness and overcoming personal roadblocks. This is a book I would recommend to all readers over age 12. Lindsey has generously donated two author signed bookmarks to our blog followers. Simply comment below to enter. Open internationally and ends April 15, 2011.