fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Hereafter

Hereafter - Tara Hudson Summary: Amelia is dead. She knows that and not much else. Each night dreaming of being churned in water of her tragic end and each day wandering aimlessly through the land of the living. Then one day a boy she's never seen is in the water with her and she can hear his heartbeat. Somehow against all odds he can see her, can touch her. So begins a whole new chance- hope begins anew for Amelia. She has never felt so alive, she's never desired to follow or know anything more than this boy Joshua. But Joshua comes from a long line of seers-- those who can see ghosts. And his grandmother knows their secret. She will do anything it takes to keep Amelia and Joshua apart. Then she'll go a step further and try to send Amelia away forever.

What I loved: Both main characters. The two of them have off the charts chemistry and I found them genuine. They are likeable. They have real lives in the ordinary day to day happenings of a teen. Joshua is an all-American boy from a stable grounded family. I'm a sucker for ghost stories and local history, always have been. So this book was perfect for me. And the cover...Gorgeous.

What I wish: The ending felt rushed and convoluted for me. I was wanting a fleshing out of evil bad boy Eli as well as why he felt a pull to Amelia. Readers will wonder why things shake out the way they do and will be left with unanswered questions. I'm hoping the sequel will answer those.

Will I read book 2?: Yes Please! It's been a long time since I've found a couple of characters I enjoyed as much as these two. This book will hold a tender spot in my heart as a doomed but destined story of love. Tara Hudson held my attention and has me entranced.

Source: NetGalley and HarperCollins. THANK YOU!

You Might Also Like: Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia, Hourglass by Myra McEntire