fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Gifted

The Gifted - Deborah Andreasen We are giving away a copy at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com ends May 8, 2011

The first thing that grabbed me about The Gifted is how swiftly the writing pulls you in and holds you. Each page is tight and creatively crafted. Pyper, a red haired green eyed fireball, has been forced to move states over and over because of the impact of her strange abilities. As the book opens we find her in a new shcool and once again, two girls have singled her out as a freak. She has a little bit of trouble controlling her temper, and those on the receiving end meet with paranormal circumstances. Watching all of this unfold is Kael, popular gorgeous classmate who doesn't seem at all phased by Pyper's blatant efforts to completely ignore his advances. He tries and eventually succeeds in winning a tiny bit of Pyper's trust. Neither he nor the two mean girls are at all what they seem.

Pyper has always had her brother Baler to confide in and lean on, but as time wears on he seems to be slipping further and further away to his new group of friends. Little do either of them know just how influential and life changing their choice in peers will become. Brother and sister have yet to meet the battle they were meant to fight. Andreasen takes faerie lore and puts in a fantastical paranormal twist which will appeal to Young Adults. The Gifted is a clean read I would gladly let my children read and once you pick it up you'll stay with the characters until the end. I loved the brother and sister loyalty portrayed as well as the kind love Kael shows.