fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Time-Traveling Fashionista

The Time-Traveling Fashionista - Bianca Turetsky The Time- Traveling Fashionista is a fun middle grade read with absolutely stunning illustrations that will take you back to the early days of Vogue magazine. As a young girl I was fascinated by the Titanic as well as history so this book would speak right to me teen heart. Louise transforms from a seventh grader to world famous actress with just the switch of clothes and is magically transported back into time. She finds herself in all kinds of predicaments as she is wearing someone else's identity and the ship she;s on is about to sink. Can she find a way to alter history and convince the crew of the calamity swiftly approaching? Will she make it out of the disaster herself or be stuck in the past?

I'm delighted by this new series and the only qualm I had with it was the slow pace and my wish for a little more action. the deisgn of the pages is beautiful. It has a clean splash of romance and though based on history is a fun twist to an actual event. This would be a great gift for girls between 10-15. Thanks so much to the Hachette Group for a wonderful read.