fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Die for Me (Revenants)

Die for Me - Amy Plum Full review at Fire and Ice http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-review-die-for-me.html

Kate is a recently orphaned teen who has moved with her sister Georgia to Paris from the United States. The death of both her parents turns her inward, cutting off socially and finding relief in books, museums and hidden cafes. Kate is so completely immersed in grieving and going through the motions of life, which all changes the day she spots a handsome dark boy watching her intensely and she returns the stare. Vincent is kind and wise, handsome and chivalrous, but a little rusty on his people skills. So the two of them have many waters to navigate before they decide to get to know each other and trust one another. Their attachment, while seemingly immediate, takes trials and time to come into fruition.

Die for Me captured my attention and heart so fully that from the moment I picked it up yesterday morning to the completion of the book at the very end of the day; I fell into the story and could not come out. Amy Plum paints a lush beautiful portrait of Paris from a native eye and sketches each character out fully and realistically. Harperteen does not disappoint with the quality of books they are releasing in the paranormal YA genre. Everything about this book felt new and untouched. The concept of revenant, the mythology and plot are spot on and achingly romantic. Besides falling in love with the main characters, I found a place in my heart for each member of the cast. Especially for funny, flirty Jules and Kate's older sister Georgia. I hope book two will flesh out full roles for them. I also have my fingers crossed that the publisher chooses to stick with the cover on the advanced reader's edition. It is breathtaking with Kate in a red boat on the Seine.

What can I say other than I won't forget this book. I'm literally speechless. Die For Me leaves a mark in my mind as fresh as a stoke of a paintbrush and as lasting as a masterpiece. There are a few gruesome scenes that make it for readers who can stomach violence. Otherwise it is refreshingly clean and absolutely amazing. Will I be picking up book two? As soon as I can get my hands on it!