fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon With as many books as a I read and review, I usually pick up another book right after finishing one and often the book I've just finished is forgotten and swept away in the midst of a whole new plot line. What I love is when an author leaves an impression that is lasting. Carrier of the Mark was still with me today and left a fog of longing. I'm glad this is a series!

The first quarter of the book was pure heaven, everything I love about reading YA. A dreamy setting- Ireland, sparks between the two main characters that are unresolved and just the right amount of action to keep the pages flipping. Megan and her father have led a bit of a nomadic lifestyle since losing Megan's mother in a tragic car crash and she has learned to keep her guard up. But a new job lands them in Kinsdale at a private high school. Things turn a little Twilighty as Megan is instantly drawn to the standoffish DeRis family who have rumors of magic and curses surrounding them. Adam DeRis is constantly staring and Megan can't ignore the zing of electricity that passes between them whenever they are near each other. As the tension heats up Megan starts seeing and hearing things that she can't explain.

Here's the point in the book where I get a little lost. As the lore and mythology surrounding Adam and Megan begins to unfold there is a whole lot of information to take in and I found it confusing and overwhelming. The concept of a sidh/ monk and the genetic selection of a carrier was totally over my head. But soon after the info download it was smooth sailing for me until the end. I was left wanting more.

With a determined passionate man and a magical world built on Druids and Celtic myth you will fall in love with Carrier of the Mark. I hope we see more character development in the future books and I can't wait to see what Leigh has up her sleeve! The cover for Carrier is absolutelyideal and the page embellishments at the beginning of each chapter top off the design beautifully. Thank you Harper Teen for the perfect rainy day read.

You might also like: Shades of Atlantis by Carole Oates, Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, Spellbound by Carolyn Schultz.

Content: moderate swearing, mild violence, steamy kissing scenes, sleeping over in each others beds, no sex. Recommended for 16 and older.