fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Snowed In

Snowed In - Rachel Hawthorne Last week I asked by bookish friends on Twitter for recommendations of some good Christmasy/ winter set YA books and Snowed In came highly suggested. Gotta say this was a fun read. I think I may have found a new favorite author in Rachel Hawthorne!

Ashleigh and her mother have just moved from scorching hot Texas to a tiny remote island in the Midwest where there is no motorized transportation and the local scene is tight knit. The homes are historic Victorian cottages complete with turrets, one of them turned Bed and Breakfast by Ashleigh's mom. Main Street is famous for handmade fudge whipped up by two other teens in the town, Chase who flirts with all the fudgies (tourists) and Nathalie who has a long standing boyfriend of five years and claims right off to be Ashleigh's best friend. Her new home even has a local lumber jack, or at least a cute dark haired handy man who looks exactly like one! How can Ashleigh possibly ignore Josh when he shows up every day at her house to do repairs with his dad? Who knew stenciling walls with someone could be so intense?

Everything about this book is quaint and magical. Snowed In is a light romance and the storyline between the two main characters unfolds at a perfect pace. If you're looking for a good short book to curl up with during a snow storm this is it! There is some swearing and lots of kissing, but overall it's clean for teens.