fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Audition

Audition - Stasia Ward Kehoe There are so many things that I am not okay with about this book. The whole thing was about a 22 year old male and a 16 year old dancer having a regular and lengthy sexual relationship with no consequences. Not only is that illegal, but there wasn't any closure to the fact that the she is essentially being used the entire time. Does anyone else think it is creepy that Rem peeps on Sara while she is changing? I know teen/ adult liasons happen in the real world, but not okay! Add the fact that she is also attracted to another much older male - her teacher with children. I really don't want to read about it. Especially with no solution or insight coming to the young girl from outside supports.

I also struggled with some of the little facts about the Chilean family she is living with. Because I lived in Chile among native homes for a year and a half I know the food and customs well. The details the author put in were not accurate. Chileans don't eat spicy beans or peppers. I was excited when I found out she would be housing with a Chilean ballet master only to be disappointed. Depressing read. Content is not suited for young teens.