fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Owlet (Society of Feathers, #1)

Owlet - Emma Michaels Full review at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com/2013/06/owlet-by-emma-michaels-blog-tour-and.html

Things I loved about Owlet- the cover. Wow! Beautiful and intriguing. 5 stars on the cover for sure. Here's another author that has done her homework and provided swirling fonts, an easy to use press kit, a book trailer and blogger friendly website that interfaces with readers and reviewers alike.

The concept of a Society of Birds and Never Never being tied into an Alice in Wonderland type ethereal story.

Falcon, the main man. He is complex, loyal and has a certain swoon worthy quality about him.

The idea of the heroine having a disability. Her asthma is very debilitating and is a major premise of the storyline. She finds a way to overcome her trials and triumph.

It's short...like a novella and can be read in one day.

I struggled with: fully understanding what exactly was going on in the first five chapters. The pacing is so fast and the writing almost like stream of consciousness. It's hard to pick up the plot and characters unless you re read after you catch the gist.

The disconnectedness of events. It is written almost like a literal dream. There are bits and pieces scattered in Iris memory both wakeful and asleep that you must put together. If you like to figure things out on your own this is your kind of book!

Overall: It is CLEAN! Yay.

I will admit Owlet pulled me back several times and has very interesting mythology mixed with fairy tale. Thanks so much to Reading Away the Days blog tours and author Emma Michaels for asking us to join the blog tour!