fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Fight For You (A Stripling Warrior Novel, #2)

Fight For You (A Stripling Warrior Novel, #2) - Misty Moncur Wow. Misty Moncur knows how to write! The second book in her Stripling Warrior Series is unforgettable. I've read over the war chapter in the Book of Mormon, I know the stories, but never have I seen them come to life in vivid color with emotions, romance and action.

Keturah has entered the band of stripling warriors, boys ages 12-18 who are fighting for the liberty of their fathers, children, homes and religion. Kit is is a daughter of Helaman, the only female to join the ranks. And this is no longer training with Gideon in the forest or sparring with her camp...this is the real battlefield and the ravages of war. Amongst the action there are moments of clarity and faith that stirred the Spirit within me and made me so grateful for the fortitude of leaders like Gideon. Men who not only led and loved, but who also knelt in prayer before going out to meet the enemy. They did not doubt their God would deliver them and angels sent to fight beside them.

There are stolen moments of a love that is deepening and blooming like a moon flower.The tension is perfect. Kit has some hard decisions to make. Is she meant to be here? Will the man she loves return the commitment as a husband? And, will Zeke forgive her, can she accept the loyalty and attention of her childhood friend?

I enjoyed the idea of healers who used herbs and the things of the earth traveling with the army to help.

Wishing book three, which is due to be released in November were out today so I could keep reading. I'll be passing the Stripling Warrior series on to my children and family. And, I will never read about the Title of Liberty or Helaman's army the same again.

Content: moderate war related violence, kissing