fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Hourglass

Hourglass - Myra McEntire Full review plus Hourglass ARC, jewelry and ring giveway at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com ends 4/18/11

I have been anticipating this book since I very first heard author Myra McEntire announce it on twitter, and can I just say what is there not to love about Hourglass? It is a-ma-zing. From the cover to the first page which contains my favorite quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, to the end which left me reeling with a mind full of impossible possibilities.

Snarky, sarcastic Emerson has just moved from a boarding school in Arizona to the deep south town of Ivy Springs. She's sent there to her brother/guardian Thomas, who is a well known architect in the area and his wife Dru. Thomas' historic renovation sites are layered in history and as a result begin to trigger visions that only Emerson can see of people from the past.

Enter in Michael Weaver, a secretive and angtsy consultant hired by her Thomas from a foundation called Hourglass. Michael's hired under the agreement that things are to stay strictly business and must not get personal, But not getting personal could prove dangerous for these two. And things get even more complicated when Emerson has to pick between the three men who suddenly take an interest in her: Michael who is fully understanding, Kaleb who is sexy-bad but offers more than meets eye, or Jack- the man who Emerson's not even sure is real.

Oh my Myra. I was messed up (in a good way) after reading Hourglass. She masterfully explores the issues of grief and depression with skill I have never before seen in young adult fiction. McEntire takes a heroine from a broken fragile past and gives her some black belt hard core sass. Then she adds in Southern charm, and supernatural sci-fi elements. This is a book that will surely soar to the tops of the bestseller list as the best in time slip YA romance. Hourglass struck me deeply and had me in tears which very few books have ever had power to do. It's gutsy, intelligent and inspiring with a voice you will never forget. I can't wait for you all to read it!

To learn more about the book Hourglass visit Myra McEntire's site. Then be sure to check back here at Fire and Ice both tomorrow and May 24th- the day of her release for more Hourglass inspired giveways.