fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2)

Wolfsbane - Andrea Cremer Part of the Wolfsbane Blog Tour as hosted by Mundie Moms. View the full review at http://fireandicephoto.blogspot.com

Nightshade was one of my top ten reads of 2010 so when I got an advanced copy unexpectedly in the mail of Wolfsbane I may have squealed *just a little.* What can I say other than that Andrea Cremer is one smart cookie?! First she created this amazing spin on wolf lore in her first book with the perfect love triangle. Then in the second installment, Wolfsbane, the readers are introduced to a whole new set of characters. Andrea adds layers upon layers of history, back story and twists of plot.

Wolfsbane picks up right where Nighshade left off and many of the questions about the Keepers, Guardians and Searchers are answered from a very different point of view than Calla is used to. She and Shay are in enemy territory and are soon learning things are not as they once appeared.

I would recommend readers have a concrete grasp of the difference between the three groups before plowing ahead. Wolfsbane has a whole lot of information power packed into those 400 pages. Teachers and book clubs may want to put together a vocabulary list with all the terms or a map of characters to keep things straight.

The thing I love about these book is that they are not a light fluffy read- they are deep and multi faceted as well as incredibly detailed. I fell in love with several of the pack members in book one and in book two I became attached to acouple of the Searchers. Connor kept me laughing with his snarky personality and I grew to love Adne for what we see in her during the last chapter. Be prepared for plenty of action, romance and witty sarcasm.

This is one of those reviews that is nearly impossible to write without spoilers. I will say I stand firmly as team Ren though he makes some really poor choices. Shay is just not my cup of tea with his possessive, jealous and pushy personality. If you loved Nightshade you will not be disappointed with book 2! Bloodrose, the final book, comes out in February. After reading a first chapter sneak peek I'm sure we are all on pins and needles.

Content- I would recommend the series for readers 18 years of age due to language, sex, domestic violence and graphic fight scenes. Mature teens with parental guidance through pages 284-285 and 360-361.

And I will say that I love the cover of my ARC which is the original green one. I'm very sad they changed it :(