fireandice

Fire and Ice

Endless
Amanda Gray
Pieces of Jade (Pirates of Orea)
Lani Woodland, Melonie Piper
The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit
Octavia Spencer

The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us

The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us - Brad Wilcox So many of us feel that we just don't measure up or can't make it into heaven. Mr. Wilcox addresses this very issue in his newest book The Continuous Conversion. "We aren't earning our way into heaven were are learning our way into heaven."

The entire book is filled with the profound idea that we are making it there step by step and that the path to becoming a better person takes a gradual and continual progress over time. Conversion is not a fast or "on the surface" change, it is a deep rooted and little by little, day by day-- totally achievable goal.

As a former missionary in Chile I could relate to his examples from the field there. My favorite stories were of him reaching to youth at EFY and prisoners who had and had not experienced conversion. Brother Wilcox has a deep love for others and his counsel is filled with compassion.

Each chapter of The Continuous Conversion has a theme with so many hopeful point of doctrine to ponder. Temple worship, repentance, the names we are given and serving with zeal are some of the topics addressed. This book should and could be read more than once.
Brother Wilcox really helped me look at things in a completely new light and I would love to hear this one in audio so we can listen to it again and again as these are lessons for everyone that make an impression on the soul.

Thanks so much to Deseret Book for the wonderful read!